Tuesday, May 12, 2009

OMG the year is over (blog)





I chose this gesture to represent my overall knowledge.  I do not believe it fullfills all of the criteria, however it was the most interesting considering the perspective.  The booty was obviously my focus and the angle of the rib cage was difficult for me to capture.  Line variation is somewhat there, with the but cheek being slightly lighter than the rib cage, but this could have been accentuated.  The long axis, rib cage and pelvis are defined.  


Sorry Matt, but I was proud of this picture so I had to include it.  I felt I did well with the plane changes and anatomy of the nose, eyes, ear and mouth.  There is some cross contour to get the overall sense of shape.  Line variation could have been accentuated, but overall I believe it looks like a human.  

This cross contour is my second long drawing I want to focus on because it was one of the most interesting to me.  I believe I've captured the model's muscle definition through line and cross contour.  I began to understand line variation in this drawing, as is apparent by the front leg being lighter.  I think this drawing is effective and accurate as well as aesthetically pleasing.




This is the cross contour I would like to focus on.  I really enjoyed this area of the body.  The slight softness of the belly is accomplished through my cross contour.  I also think I did well on the proportion.  






No comments:

Post a Comment