Sunday, October 3, 2010

Connecting

This week I focused on connecting with the drawing. I love the artist high you feel when you are really interested in the subject matter and focused on the task at hand. I love turning on that iPod; the sounds fill your mind and calm your thoughts. The page extends into your peripheral vision; just you and the page. Wednesday it was Duffy and Gnarles Barkley singing me into the zone. Whats your favorite song to draw to? Comment away..

For a unrelated comment, I have begun going in-depth into Photoshop painting. I have attached a close-up of a character I've created. I began painting highlights and shadows onto the character and realized how convenient knowing the body structurally was to painting this storyboard frame. Although I haven't spent the time I wished I could on this painting, I think it hasn't turned out too horribly. Comment on suggestions! :)

Okay, so basically that's a self-portrait.

That's all for now, until next week.

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment